1.01.2010

why chubb?

doesn't that sound like you like the chubb? no... i don't like it but it's a funny word. the end.

So my biggest loser group starts on monday and i'm liv'n it up until then. not really but I do need a In-and-Out burger by then! I'm really excited for the group. I've randomly invited myself to it through a photographer friend that I know. Actually, we've never met but we've mingled so we are now friends ;P

You see... Utah is a skinny state. There are no fat people.... okay some, but not a lot. So i've been struggling to find a weight loss buddy... their aren't any. Everyone I know are all ready at least running marathons, half marathons, triathlons, 50 mile races.... seriously, it's a cool thing right now to be a runner. I'd love to be one of these people... honestly. How can you ask a friend that is all ready doing these things to train with you? You can't. it's a little lonely in that respect. i'm an outsider in a runners world. you feel like a poser when you go to the gym... heck, I feel like a poser when I walk through the mall, let alone the grocery store!

It's hard to look back and think that I was one of those people once.... how did I let myself get so lazy? Clothing size was a big thing to me in my skinny life. It still is. I am wearing larges... and sometimes extra larges... I remember thinking to my skinny self... "how could anyone get so large to have to wear these sizes". Well here I am... that person. suck.

Not for long though folks. I'm getting my old life back! I miss that person I used to be. It's crazy how much a little extra added weight can change person. I want her back, and i can have her back with a little hard work and by thinking of myself for once. HOO-RAW!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know ya, but I LOVE YA! I agree 400% about Utah being a skinny state...I feel the same way about the east valley in Az. I'm in northern Az (neither) and there are half and half here, not as motivating, but luckily I'm married to a tiny little guy, so I've gotta drop this extra 20 I'm holdin on to. Anyway, so glad you're doing the BL with us! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always loved your humor and we will meet one day and both be skinny :) I know where you are coming from, before kids - college, i was in smalls, it's amazing how fast it creeps up on you. and yes, utah is a skinny state, texas - not so much. everything's bigger here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, ok, what Zumba are you doing? I live in the smallest town ever, and it's a million miles from anything remotely simular to a gym, so I have to buy workout videos, but I've heard tons of great stuff about Zumba too! My cousin's wife Holly does them and she looks amazing and said it's a lot of fun! LMK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristal, I am going to a class. I live in the Salt Lake Valley so there are quite a few places that offer it.

    PS...make me your friend so I can see your blog :)

    ReplyDelete